Sunday, August 12, 2007

Baaack.. again?

It's true sometimes. When it rains, it pours.
So I decide to start blogging again, make a bunch of new shoes. I'm ready to GO.. and tragedy strikes.
My real life father passed away suddenly on August 2nd. BAM! Just like that. Now, lemme give you a little slice of my Real Life.
I make intercoms for grocery stores and warehouses. It's a family company. I go to work every weekday with my mother, my father and my sister. So to lose the tech guy, the designer of all our products, is a MAJOR loss. We are trying to pick up the pieces as best we can. But he never wrote a damn thing down! Not to mention, I lost my FATHER. My Daddy! As you get older, you start to lose the people you looked up to. In recent years, I've lost my Grandma to breast cancer, my Grandfather to suicide and now my father to a massive heart attack.
I know you all are wondering how I'm doing. I know this because everyone asks me! I'm doing what I can. I'm surviving one day at a time. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for asking how I'm doing. Thank you for caring.
If you can do one thing for me. Just one little thing. Do the one thing I can't do. Give your father a call. No matter if you don't have a good relationship with him or not. Just a little call. What could it hurt?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs*

Know how that feels... Lost mine in my childhood.

Alpha Gam @ GCSU said...

*hugs*

Dealing with death sucks.

Rav Hartunian said...

Oh Rowan, I am so sorry. I lost my Grandmother just before Christmas and others around me are dealing with serious health issues right now. Even though we haven't spoken too much, if you just need SOMEONE to talk to, someone who understands and is a wonderful listener, I'm here for ya. My heart is with you.

***HUGS***

She's So Unusual Shoes © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!