Saturday, October 31, 2009
Yep. I'll be pulling the limited edition shoes and the halloween lucky chair styles Saturday night at Midnight. Get them now!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Two new Limited Editions! Will only be available until Nov 1st! Each pair is transfer only and $195L
I'm putting my Lucky Chairs back out with some spoooky and not so spooky new shoes.
My Midnight Mania board is BACK
And Come update your picks at the new store and gets these in return.
Monday is the last day of my Yay We Moved Hunt!
Come on down to the store.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
So.. if you aren't in my mailing list thingie, you probably didn't know this.. but.. I moved! I left Thistledown, my old spot, to a great new spot on Agard near a bunch of other stores. Lovely little streets.
Took awhile to get all my shoes, minus the retired ones, into the new store... whew! Last count.. over 400 pairs. Imelda eat your heart out. I think everything is easy to see, and see to walk around. I love the stairs.. they are interesting.
So to get you all out to see the new store, and to update your LMs.. I'm having a little old hunt. 4 unique pairs of shoes will be put in tiny boxes and hidden in the store. You find, you purchase for $0L and they're yours. I WILL be moving them randomly throughout the week. I'm mean like that. I know. Hunt starts Monday Oct 12th at 12:01am and lasts to Monday Oct 19th at 11:59pm SLT. Make sure you subscribe to my mailing list thingie, cause I've got some at my usual crazy halloween shoes in process. WOOT!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Let's talk about light. The SL Knowledge Base says light
"Only six lights are supported for hardware lighting. The shaders support eight lights, but one is reserved for the sun or moon, and another for a 'backlight' which approximates reflected light from the sun or moon. The list of lights used is determined as follows:
- A list of nearby lights is generated.
- This list is calculated once per frame.
- Six lights are chosen from the list. Priority is based on the effective intensity of each light at the viewer's Avatar. Dynamic lights are given slightly higher priority.
- For each object:
- With the 'Nearby Lights' setting, all lights are always used."
There's a lot of versatility in the lighting system, so be creative, experiment extensively, and keep inventing new uses for lights!
- If you set Intensity or Radius to 0.000, or set the light's color to black, you might as well uncheck Light because it's visually the same as turning the light off.
- Remember, ANY prim you've made can be turned into a light. No matter what shape or size, its light properties can be set independently.
- If you want your object to be visible in the dark, but not give off light (like a computer monitor or a soda machine) you can check the Full Bright checkbox on the object's Texture tab.
- Lights in motion are dynamic and follow their source prim. For example, carry a lantern in your hand and find your way in the darkness. Or use light prims in a vehicle, perfect for adding that film noir touch to a skittering airplane. Physical objects can also be lit: roll a big glowing red ball down a hill and giggle with glee!
- Common sense: the darker it is around you, the more lights will stand out. If it's high noon, you won't see many lighting effects, but as dusk approaches, the local lights will increase.
- Like other special effects in Second Life, use lights wisely. Please don't light everything; it not only diminishes the highlights and contrast that a few finely-placed lights can add, but it also slows down performance for yourself and fellow Residents too.
- Why six realtime lights, as mentioned above? Because the OpenGL specification which SL uses allows for eight lights in a scene. Specifically in this case: six lights, one for the sun/moon, and one for the backlight representing reflected light. Static (non-moving) lights will be "baked" so you can still see the effect they have on the area. For this and more behind-the-curtain details, please see the related OpenGL technical document.
This is my friend. Advanced - Rendering - Info Displays - Light. It will show you every prim in the area that is giving off light. It will also show you a yellow cube of how FAR the light is radiating. This is me.. this is me showing you stolen hair! Yay! Wow.. you learned something NEW today.. enjoy!