Thursday, April 23, 2009
I'm just FLUSH with the freebies lately, huh?
How about TWO more pairs for like.. one minute of work?
Come by the store and whack my new Midnight Mania board and if you can get 99 other people to whack it, everyone gets these lovely new sandals.. BOTH pairs. The Cool colors and the Warm colors. No base is needed. The roman style coins are just a nice touch. You'll like em.. especially cause they are FREE! I'll leave these in the Midnight Mania for awhile, cause only 100 people a day will get them and I knoooow more than 100 people will want them.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Soo.. I'm having one of those crazy days where I make random stuff..
I'm sure you've all seen the Shoes video by Kelly... right?
So I made some sound files from the video awhile ago.. for some fun gestures for myself.. I decided you all need a speech bubble that randomly plays some sound clips from the video.. it's on Xstreet and in my store
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
These great shoes are ONLY $50L for the pair right in the front of the store.. GO! Go NOW!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Sometimes I search for odd things on Teh Google. I search for grisgris charm. Grisgris is a voodoo charm. Usually a small bag filled with objects like dirt, rocks, herbs. Don't ask me why I was looking THIS up. So I came across a blog about designing. It struck my interest, as I am a designer... of virtual shoes. Lemme link you to the blog here.
One of the many things I found interesting was her take on designing AND business building.
Top Ten Ways Women Shoot Themselves in the Foot in Business
1. You control your own P.R. – Every time you talk to someone it is like a press release.
2. Aim high – have lofty goals and let people know what they are. You will get a lot of feedback that will help you refine your goals.
3. Lighten up and separate (work from non-work)
4. Learn how to ask – If there is something you want don’t be afraid to ask for it (men do this all the time)
5. Kill Miss Congeniality
6. Act as if – How would someone confident act… Even if you are unsure act as if you are not.
7. Feel comfortable with being uncomfortable – when you are uncomfortable you are learning. When you feel comfortable you are no longer learning.
8. Learn how to embrace criticism – Listen to the feedback, ask clarifying questions, and thank them. The next day thank them again and ask more questions.
9. You make the rules
10. Remember what you are judged on – You are judged on your resultsI think this just doesn't apply to women, but everyone. Designers in SL talk to each other, we support each other and I know I've seen us struggle with these ideas everyday. If I don't put out constant new freebies, customers won't like me. I just wanna make enough to pay tier. We blush and constantly under value ourselves when someone compliments our work. Why? Of course we don't wanna come across as High and Mighty. But next time someone says.. that's a great DRESS! Say thank you, I worked really hard on it.
Next idea I found interesting..
“The majority of the world’s designers focus all their efforts on developing products and services exclusively for the richest 10% of the world’s customers. Nothing less than a revolution in design is needed to reach the other 90%.”
—Dr. Paul Polak, International Development Enterprises
Wow.. this is SO true in fashion. 90% of people can't afford a Jimmy Choo or a Armani suit. I think one of the great things about SL, is we make good design, trendsetting design available to EVERYONE. Who can't afford a $200L dress? Sure, I'm betting by 90% of the world's customers they are talking about people who can't even afford electricity, not to mention a computer and internet. But SL makes original design affordable.
AND speaking of affordable. Look at me!
I'm the 605,000,000 richest person on earth!
How rich are you? >>
WOO! Maybe we can start this as a new meme for the Fashion feeds.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I was feeling a little happy about SPRING so I thought I'd share
The Walkin on Sunshine Flats! Happy Rainbow flats on a cloud. Touch for a sunshiny poof! Yes.. I know they are totally silly.. but.. isn't THAT what I'm all about?
PS! Guess who got interviewed for Enticement magazine here in SL? Widdle ol' ME! Yep. There is a kiosk in the front of my store for you to pick up a copy. I'm in the May/June issue. Also some beautiful pictures and I found it a great read. Who knew I came across so... silly!
Friday, April 3, 2009
I love these spring colors and I love these shoes! Maryjanes with a bow! WOOT! The shoe has a slight tonal pattern to it and a solid colored base.. love them!
10 different colors, $95L a piece and transfer only.. Main store